The purpose of the Header Customization window is to offer a tool for easy customization of all headers in the document and to offer a general table of contents with which to navigate the document.
This window shows the tree structure of all headers in the document. The structure can be considered as a general table of contents and can be used to move quickly through the document headers.
The customization window has useful features for managing headers. It is an independent window from the document window. For use by the visually impaired, you can move from one to the other with the normal window change functions (Alt+Tab). For use by the visually impaired, it can be combined with the document window to provide navigation between headers.
To move the document cursor to the header selected in the customization window, click twice on the header with the mouse and press the space bar with the keyboard. The document cursor will immediately move to the desired header. This operation does not close the customization window. Therefore, in order to move the focus to the corresponding document, it is necessary to press Alt+Tab. The same operation is also available with annexed closure of the customization window and automatic shift to the source document: it is carried out by pressing Enter on the desired title.
All the header customization commands are found in the toolbar, on the right side of the window, or in the contextual menu associated with the tree view. To show the contextual menu, just click with the right mouse button anywhere in the window, or press the Apps key. The available commands are the following:
- Go To: this command moves the document cursor to the selected header, closes the window and returns to the source document;
- Delete: removes the selected header and any subheaders. It is important to understand that only the header associated with the paragraph is deleted, while the text of the paragraph remains intact;
- Font: modifies the font of the paragraph with which the header is associated;
- Paragraph: modifies the characteristics of the paragraph with which the header is associated;
- Header: modifies the characteristics of the header;
- Copy: copies to the clipboard the characteristics of the font, paragraph or header selected;
- Paste: paste from the clipboard the characteristics of the font, paragraph or header;
- Uppercase/lowercase: makes the text with which the header is associated uppercase or lowercase;
- Refresh: this command updates the header tree;
- Hot Keys: opens the window for customizing the hot keys of the context menu.