This window contains tools for customizing character groups. Character groups allow Biblos to identify to which group the text characters belong. The character groups do not have a direct utility, but indirectly they are the supporting structure used in almost all the software.
- Group: from this box you choose the group of characters that you want to customize. The groups available are different, such as Consonants, Vowels, Punctuation, Apostrophes, Hyphens, Specials etc.. For example, the Hyphens group contains all characters that are identified as hyphens by the Delete hyphens function. If you delete these characters, the Delete dashes function will not remove the dashes from the document. The Special group contains a series of characters that appear in the special characters window. You can add or remove special characters in this group;
- Reset: This button is used to reset one character group or all groups to their default values. To restore a character group, select the desired group and click this button. If you want to restore all character groups, click the button while holding down the Ctrl key. In both cases a message window will ask for confirmation of the chosen restoration;
- Add: Edit field in which you type the characters to be added to the chosen group. By typing in the characters to be added, the Add button is activated next to this box. By clicking on it the characters are added to the group;
- Characters: list containing all the characters belonging to the selected group. The list has a context menu with some commands. Each character is shown side by side with its decimal value;
- Delete: button to delete the selected characters from the list. The elimination takes place immediately;
- Close: button to close the character customization window.