Biblos is the Software included in all Index Braille embossers. Here I explain the procedure to install and configure an Index Braille v4 embosser in Biblos. If you are not an expert, you should have a person or a technician perform these operations.
The prerequisites are to have an Index Braille v4 embosser (Basic D or Everest D) and to have installed the latest version of Biblos.
Do not connect the embosser to your Computer and follow the procedure below:
- Install the embosser drivers. You can find them in the pen-drive included in the embosser package, or at www.indexbraille.com
- Connect the embosser using the USB cable included in the package. It is recommended that you connect the embosser to a Usb port from which it should no longer be disconnected, as unplugging the embosser and reconnecting it to another Usb port will cause the driver to malfunction, so you will need to reconfigure it. If the embosser is still off, connect it to an electrical outlet: the embosser will turn on.
- As soon as the operating system detects the new Hardware, a window appears where you must follow the steps to install the device driver. If the driver does not pass the compliance checks required by the operating system, continue the installation until is complete. (*)
- Launch Biblos and use the configuration wizard by clicking on the menu Tools/Braille/Braille Wizard...
- In the field "Braille device" choose the embosser driver, the one installed in the previous steps. If the driver is not present, go back to the previous steps and check the correctness of the driver installation (see note)
- In the "Braille model" field, choose the embosser model (Index Basic D v4 or Index Everest D v4)
- In the front panel of the embosser, locate the HELP and MENU keys. Both are marked in Braille
- Press in sequence and quickly first the HELP button and then the MENU button. In sequence means one after the other, quickly and not simultaneously. The embosser will recite configuration values, including characters per line and lines per page. Keep these two values in mind
- Go back to the Biblos configuration wizard, in the "Characters per line" field enter the value listened (**)
- In the field "Lines per page" enter the value listened (**)
- In the field "Page numbers" choose the position where you want to have the page numbers
- Confirm the configuration by clicking the Ok button
If the procedure has been completed correctly, the embosser is ready to use and you can immediately make the first Braille emboss with Biblos using the menu File/Braille emboss...
(*) If no new Hardware installation window appears, or the device has been connected before, or for any other reason in which the driver installation is not successful, go to the embosser devices management, reachable from Control Panel, and install the embosser manually adding the new Hardware.
(**)For optimal page configuration, you should configure the size of the sheet you intend to use, reset any margins configured in the embosser to zero, and increase to the maximum characters per line and lines per page. These operations should be performed from the front panel of the embosser, which has a guide entry that allows you to navigate and change these options. If possible, it is advisable to make these configurations before installing the embosser. For more information, refer to your embosser manual.
For further support you can subscribe the Biblos Group on Facebook.