The Header paste window changes the characteristics of headers according to the data copied to the clipboard with the Header copy command. You must choose which data to paste and where to paste it.
From the What to Paste field you choose:
- Paste All: paste the characteristics of the character, paragraph and header previously copied to the clipboard.
- Header only: paste only some characteristics of the header previously copied to the clipboard. Specifically, the summary inclusion status and the header type are pasted.
- Font only: only the font previously copied to the clipboard is pasted.
- Paragraph only: only the paragraph previously copied to the clipboard is pasted.
It is essential to choose from the Where to paste field the group of headers where you want to apply the paste.
- This header: applies the paste only to the selected header.
- All headers: applies the paste to all headers in the document.
- These Levels: applies the paste within the group of the selected header, on all other headers of the same level.
- All Levels: applies pasting to all headers in the document of the same level as the selected header.
- These sub-levels: applies the paste to all sub-levels of the selected header.
- All sub-levels: applies pasting to all headers and subheaders of the same level or higher than the selected header.