The Brailler tab
This tab contains the settings for using the virtual brailler. These settings are stored as Braille settings in general, i.e. maintained as settings for any document.
- Type of brailler: field of choice for the type of brailler to be used. For the keys to be pressed read further;
- Brailler mode: The field for choosing the typing mode to use. Immediate typing can be used, where all the keys of the braille points to be formed are pressed simultaneously and the braille character is immediately typed when they are released; delayed typing, where the keys can be pressed later, within the set delay time, and after the delay period the cell is automatically typed; and confirmation typing, where the keys are pressed simultaneously or sequentially at the desired times and the cell is typed only after pressing the space bar;
- Enter delay: value expressed in milliseconds to slow down the entry of points. This value is used in the second typing mode;
- Font Type: This button describes and allows you to choose the font used when typing with virtual brailler. If you keep the default font, the brailler will write the characters using the current type font, which will probably not show the braille cells correctly on older systems. If there is no braille cell display character in your system, you may want to install one. For this purpose, there is a subfolder in the Biblos installation folder containing a suitable font. If you want to reset the default font, you must click this button while holding down the CTRL key.
The type of dattilobraille allows you to choose with which keys to type the braille dots.
- Two hands: the input key is the space bar, the eight keys associated with the points are: F=1 D=2 S=3 J=4 K=5 L=6 A=7 Ò=8;
- Left Hand: The input key is the space bar, the eight keys associated with the points are: F=1 D=2 S=3 R=4 E=5 W=6 A=7 Q=8;
- Right hand: The input key is the space bar, the eight keys associated with the points are: J=1 K=2 L=3 U=4 I=5 OR=6 Ò=7 P=8;
- Numeric keypad: All keys belong to the numeric keypad, which must be activated. The input key is 0, and the keys for braille dots are their numbers.